Firefighters Sunday opened up the walls of a four-story condominium building in Westwood Sunday, to get to a smoldering chimney fire.
Firefighters were dispatched at 10:14 a.m., and while there was no active flame at 1379 Midvale Ave., structural wood next to a hot chimney showed heavy charring, according to Erik Scott of the Los Angeles Fire Department.
Scott said a bulk of the “stubborn flames” were isolated to the chimney area and ceiling level between the second and third floors of the structure.
“Firefighters are working hard to protect and salvage the resident’s belongings from damage, as they open the walls to fully extinguish the smoldering material,” he said.
–City News Service
>> Want to read more stories like this? Get our Free Daily Newsletters Here!Follow us: