Promoter Live Nation has been sued in Los Angeles by a man who says he was severely burned by flames from a bonfire started by other fans during an Iron Maiden concert at the Glen Helen Amphitheater in San Bernardino.
Mario Esteban Barron’s Los Angeles Superior Court lawsuit also names as defendants Pavilion Partners GP, Staff Pro Inc. and Contemporary Services Corp. He is seeking unspecified damages.
A Live Nation representative could not be immediately reached for comment on Tuesday’s lawsuit that alleges the plaintiff “is aware of multiple incidents of guests being severely burned at the subject premises spanning decades.”
Barron was at the July 1 concert with his family when he and one of his relatives decided to explore the grounds and came upon a mosh pit that had been formed around a bonfire, the suit states.
“Attempting to walk around the mosh pit, plaintiff was knocked into the flames by the mosh pit,” according to his complaint.
Barron, 47, of Apple Valley, felt helpless and, “consumed by the flames, he accepted that he would not survive this ordeal,” according to his court papers. No security or first aid was available, and he was rescued by other fans as “the skin on his legs peeled off,” the suit says.
Barron claims he was forced to walk to the entrance of the amphitheater, where he begged for help at a first-aid station. He was eventually taken by ambulance to a hospital, where skin grafts he received became infected, nearly causing him to have to have both legs amputated, the suit states.
Barron has not been able to return to his sheet worker job because of his injuries, the suit states.
–City News Service
>> Want to read more stories like this? Get our Free Daily Newsletters Here!Follow us: