[symple_googlemap title=”” location=”Orange Grove Avenue and Columbia Street, South Pasadena, CA” height=”300″ zoom=”13″]

A suspect was in custody Tuesday in connection with a hit-and-run crash in South Pasadena that injured a couple and their infant daughter, who suffered a fractured skull, and killed their dog.

Tiffani Monique Lowden, 38, of Whittier. She surrendered to police and was arrested around 11:20 p.m. Monday on suspicion of hit-and-run and is being held on $50,000 bail, according to police and jail records.

South Pasadena police Chief Art Miller said the department received a series of anonymous tips thanks to publicity the case has received.

“And it was one of those anonymous tips that led to a little bit of information, and then our detectives followed up on that information and ended up taking every lead that they could, and some of them panned out,” Miller said.

Police said Lowden appeared remorseful when she surrendered to authorities, but then declined to speak further until she met with an attorney.

Her vehicle, a Nissan Rogue, was found today in West Los Angeles.

The Hollon family was struck by the driver of an SUV around 7:30 p.m. Sunday at Orange Grove Avenue and Columbia Street while they were taking a walk, police said.

When they entered the crosswalk, the driver of  “a newer-model, dark- colored sport utility vehicle turned from westbound Columbia Street to southbound Orange Grove Avenue, hitting the 40-year-old husband, the 30-year- old (wife) and their 4-month-old daughter — who was being held in her mother’s arms — and the family dog,” police said.

Alexandra Hollon and her daughter were hospitalized, and Bryan Hollon was treated at the scene. The young girl suffered a fractured skull, while Alexandra Hollon suffered a broken nose, cuts and contusions on her face. The father suffered only bumps and bruises.

Speaking at the news conference after being released from a hospital, Alexandra Hollon said Monday she “can’t wrap my brain about how it happened or why it happened, and why they didn’t stop.”

Bryan Hollon said they “had taken about three steps and all of a sudden we saw the person turn in toward us. I put my hand up saying ‘stop, stop.’ There was no time to jump out of the way.”

— City News Service

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.