[symple_googlemap title=”” location=”900 block of East 89th Street, South Los Angeles, CA” height=”300″ zoom=”13″]

A bedridden woman was safely evacuated from a South Los Angeles residence Thursday after a fire broke out in a dryer in the home’s laundry room, authorities said.

The fire was reported at 11:12 a.m. in the one-story house in the 900 block of East 89th Street, said Katherine Main of the Los Angeles Fire Department.

Smoke alarms alerted a caregiver and neighbors, and the woman, described as an “elderly bedridden resident,” was safely evacuated, Main said.

It took 31 firefighters 11 minutes to knock down the flames, she said.

The estimated dollar loss was put at $13,000, Main said.

City News Service

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.