Photo by John Schreiber.
Photo by John Schreiber.

An “accidental” fire in a San Fernando house Tuesday left a blind man with burn injuries and a dog and a cat dead, authorities said.

The blaze broke out around 10 a.m. in the 1100 block of North Harding Avenue and took firefighters about 16 minutes to extinguish.

The cause of the fire was listed as “accidental,” according to the Los Angeles Fire Department, but other details were not released. A damage estimate was not immediately available.

The man, whose name was withheld, was alerted to the fire by smoke alarms, according to LAFD spokeswoman Margaret Stewart.

“He sustained non-critical burns and was transported in fair condition,” Stewart said. “While one dog did survive, one dog and one cat perished in the fire.”

— Wire reports 

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *