A fire broke out in a home in Northridge, nearly killing a pet Golden Retriever, displacing a family of three and causing $85,000 in damages, authorities said Wednesday.
The blaze was reported at 5:48 p.m. Tuesday by the homeowner, who was able to exit the property at 11037 Canby Ave. unharmed, said Brian Humphrey of the Los Angeles Fire Department.
Arriving firefighters saw smoke showing from the one-story home, made their way in through the ink-dark smoke and found the near lifeless dog, Humphrey said. The pet was carried out and given oxygen before being taken to a veterinarian. It is expected to survive, Humphrey said.
The fire, which did about $85,000 worth of damage, was knocked out in 25 minutes and confined to the attic, according to Humphrey.
The smoky fire was sparked by overheating recessed lighting, Humphrey said.
Google map can not be displayed. An API key is required. Please see Settings > Symple Shortcodes for more info.
—City News Service
>> Want to read more stories like this? Get our Free Daily Newsletters Here!Follow us: