A gas leak at a motorcoach resort in Indio that prompted an evacuation order was repaired Tuesday.
The Riverside County Fire Department responded to reports of a gas leak at 80501 Avenue 48 around 1:45 p.m., Indio Police Department Public Information Officer Ben Guitron said. The leak was caused by maintenance workers, but details on how the line was damaged were not specified.
An evacuation order was issued by officials while the Riverside County Fire Department and the Southern California Gas Co. led repair efforts, with the Indio Police Department coordinating traffic, Guitron said. The leak was secured and deemed safe at 3:15 p.m.
Shortly after the line was secured, the evacuation order was lifted, Brent Norwine from the Riverside County Fire Department said.
Permanent repairs were completed Tuesday afternoon, Melissa Bailey of Southern California Gas Co. said. There were no reports of injuries or service disruption.
>> Want to read more stories like this? Get our Free Daily Newsletters Here!Follow us: