A 44-year-old man from Northern California pleaded not guilty Monday to repeatedly threatening detectives and police in Orange regarding an investigation of his father’s death in a traffic accident, police said Monday.
Sean Patrick Dennehy of Trinidad in Humboldt County was charged in February with two felony counts of criminal threats and 11 misdemeanor counts of annoying telephone calls. He was arrested on March 6.
Dennehy was next due in court March 26 for a pretrial hearing in the Central Justice Center in Santa Ana.
Dennehy’s father was killed in Orange last year near Chapman Avenue and the Orange (57) Freeway, said Sgt. Phil McMullin of the Orange Police Department.
The driver of the vehicle that struck the victim stayed at the scene and fully cooperated with police, who did not find him at fault, McMullin said.
“He kept on pestering us for a copy of the (police) report,” McMullin said.
However, Dennehy was not authorized to receive the report, McMullin said.
“He was just relentless in attacks against our officers,” McMullin said.
Dennehy is accused of issuing electronic and voice threats to a lieutenant and a detective, McMullin said.
The dates of the alleged threats date back to Oct. 4 and continued through November, December and January. The alleged felony threats were issued Feb. 11 and Feb. 12.
>> Want to read more stories like this? Get our Free Daily Newsletters Here!Follow us: