A preliminary hearing is set to begin Wednesday for the parents of a 6-month-old boy who was last seen on New Year’s Eve and whose remains are believed to be in a Corona landfill.

A Los Angeles Superior Court judge or commissioner will determine whether there is enough evidence to require Kiana Williams, 32, and Adam Manson, 34, to stand trial on one count each of child abuse resulting in death.

The two are charged in the death of Jacsun Manson, whose remains police believe were thrown in a trash bin at the Baldwin Hills Crenshaw mall and then dumped in a Corona landfill.

The pair were staying with their infant son in a South Los Angeles motel room on New Year’s Eve and were allegedly doing drugs and later found their child was dead, according to Deputy District Attorney Jon Hatami. The parents put their son’s body in a suitcase and left it in a trash bin, the prosecutor alleged.

Hatami told a judge last month that investigators are trying to determine if blood found in a PT Cruiser and a motel room belonged to the baby.

Investigators believe the boy’s body is at the El Sobrante Landfill in Corona.

Manson and Williams — who had been living at a shelter in Culver City — were arrested Jan. 3 after being found in a stolen vehicle. The boy was not with them when they were arrested.

Jacsun was officially reported missing Jan. 25 by the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services.

Culver City police said in February that investigators believe Manson and Williams “are responsible for the disappearance and death” of their son.

`We also believe that after his death, Adam and Kiana discarded Jacson’s body in a dumpster somewhere near the (Baldwin Hills) Crenshaw mall in Los Angeles,” police said, leading them to believe the boy’s remains are in the Riverside County landfill.

The two are each being held in lieu of $5 million bail.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *