Steve Harvey is the host of ABC’s “Celebrity Family Feud.” Photo courtesy ABC.

ABC  has ordered additional seasons of its summer prime-time game shows “The $100,000 Pyramid” and “Celebrity Family Feud.”

Hosts of the two shows were quoted in Variety as saying they were delighted with the news.

“Returning for season three definitely goes under the category ‘Things that are Awesome,'” Pyramid host Michael Strahan said.

Feud host Steve Harvey tried to place his show in the context of American society.

“The politically correct reason that ‘Celebrity Family Feud’ has struck a chord is because it’s a great show where people can play along at home and everyone can join in on the fun.

“The true reason it’s a success is because they went and got me to host.”

A top ABC executive was also happy.

“These two shows have been real anchors for us in our lineup and we’re just so happy to have them continue forward next year,” ABC Entertainment Group President Channing Dungey said Sunday during her network’s portion of the Television Critics Association Summer Press Tour, which is being held in Beverly Hills.

“The $100,000 Pyramid” has run for two seasons and “Celebrity Family Feud” for three.

ABC had previously announced that it had ordered a third season of another element of its “Fun & Games” programming, “Match Game.”

—Staff and wire reports

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.