No sex videos of ex-Spice Girl Mel B: Estranged hubby battle settled

A hearing on domestic violence allegations by former Spice Girl Melanie Brown against her estranged husband, Stephen Belafonte, was canceled Thursday after attorneys for both parties told a judge a settlement was reached.

In the wake of the resolution, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Mark Juhas dissolved the restraining order previously put in place against Belafonte by another judge. Brown alleged Belafonte was threatening to release sex videos of the former Spice Girl.

The former couple also settled custody issues regarding their 6-year-old daughter, Madison.

They hope to resolve within three months their differences concerning Belafonte’s bid for visitation with his 10-year-old stepdaughter, Angel, whose father is Eddie Murphy, according to Belafonte’s attorney, Grace Jamra.

Brown and her lawyers had previously opposed any visitation between Belafonte and Angel. The singer and “America’s Got Talent” judge has barred Belafonte’s access to the child since April 3, when she won a restraining order on allegations that Belafonte was physically abusive.

Belafonte maintained that he has raised the girl since she was an infant and has a right to visits with her.

Belafonte was granted monitored visitation in April with the estranged couple’s 6-year-old daughter, Madison. He was seeking shared custody of the younger child.

Brown’s lawyer, Sean Macias, said his client and the former couple’s ex- nanny, Lorraine Gilles, are close to settling another domestic violence dispute in which the singer alleges the onetime household employee has been harassing her in cooperation with Belafonte. Juhas said that if the issue is not settled Thursday, he will order a trial to begin Monday.

Brown, who attended Thursday’s hearing, declined to immediately comment afterward.

Brown, 42, filed for divorce from Belafonte on March 20 and accused him of emotional and physical abuse during their 10-year union.

–City News Service