Protesters and supporters showed up as Donald Trump Jr. spoke at UCLA as part of his ongoing book tour, according to various reports.

Protesters began demonstrating hours before Trump’s appearance Sunday at UCLA’s Moore Hall, multiple media reports said.

“Ourselves and students and people across the country must demand that the Trump-Pence regime must step down now,” protester Atlas Winfrey, an organizer with the activist group Refuse Fascism told CBS2. “We can’t wait for 2020. We can’t sit around and wait for how many more immigrant children to die.”

Refuse Fascism called President Donald Trump’s “Make America Great Again” platform a “21st century fascist program of Manifest Destiny,” and a “specifically American culmination of white supremacy, misogyny and xenophobia.”

Representatives from an organization called Turning Point USA hosted the event on the Westwood campus where Trump talked about his new book, “Triggered: How the Left Thrives on Hate and Wants to Silence Us.”

Supporter Randy Simer told CBS2 “He’s brave. He takes on the bullies and he’s unleashed by it and I love that.”

Another supporter, Andy Stein of Carlsbad, told the Los Angeles Times Trump Jr. is a “chip off the old block” and applauded his book concept. “I understand the concept — the left seems to be triggered by every little thing.”

UCLA officials made it clear the event was not an official university activity, but was instead sponsored by an independent student organization.

“The speakers were invited to campus by one of UCLA’s more than 1,200 student organizations, all of whom have access to university resources,” UCLA spokesman Ricardo Vazquez said. “Freedom of speech and expression are core values at UCLA, but allowing someone to speak on campus is not an endorsement of their views.

“UCLA is committed to equity, inclusion and mutual respect as well as protecting the physical safety of everyone on campus. This includes their right to speak, be heard, hear others and peacefully dissent.”

During Trump’s talk he was often interrupted, jeered and booed by protesters, multiple sources said.

Video from the event appears to show Trump supporters protesting and chanting “Q&A” after it was announced a planned questions and answer session was being canceled, actions that were confirmed by various media reports.

“The reason, oftentimes, it doesn’t make sense to do the Q&A is not because we’re not willing to talk about the questions, cause we do,” Trump Jr. explained. “No, it’s because people hijack it with nonsense looking to go for some sort of sound bite. You have people spreading nonsense, spreading hate, trying to take over the room.”

Guilfoyle also chastised the crowd and the two prepared to walk off stage without answering questions.

“No, its because you’re not making your parents proud by being rude and disruptive and discourteous,” Guilfoyle said.

Outside the two sides were kept apart by barricades and police in riot gear. No arrests were reported by Los Angeles police.

Trump’s son has been making promotional appearances for his newly released book, including a contentious appearance Thursday on the television show, “The View,” in which he accused one of the show’s hosts of having worn blackface and another for being soft on pedophilia. The book charges “the left” with trying to smear conservatives and push them out of the public square.

Later Sunday, Trump Jr. delivered a lecture and signed copies of the book at the Reagan Library in Simi Valley during a sold-out event that reportedly went off without protests or problems.

.