Knott’s Berry Farm has canceled its hugely popular Halloween Haunt event this year due to the coronavirus, park officials said Tuesday.
“Regrettably, due to continued operating restrictions related to the pandemic we have had to make the very difficult decision to cancel our highly anticipated 2020 Knott’s Scary Farm event,” Knott’s officials said. “We know that this news is disappointing, but we look forward with great enthusiasm to making 2021 Knott’s Scary Farm our best year ever.”
The move, which had been widely expected, follows similar announcements regarding other large-scale Halloween events in Southern California.
Universal Studios’ Halloween Horror Nights, the Queen Mary’s Dark Harbor, and Oogie Boogie Bash at Disney California Adventure have all canceled their separate-admission seasonal events in recent weeks.
Hoping to cash in the demand for Halloween-themed events this fall, Six Flags officials said last week that they are developing a modified version of their theme parks’ Fright Fest event.
“We are planning to have something out there that excites families and our guests to get out there and come to the parks,” Six Flags CEO Michael Spanos said on an earnings call with analysts.
It’s still unclear whether Southern California fans will get to enjoy Fright Fest this year, however, as Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia remains closed.
>> Want to read more stories like this? Get our Free Daily Newsletters Here!Follow us: