An electrical fire broke out on the roof of the City National Bank building in North Hollywood Thursday evening, but firefighters extinguished the blaze in about 30 minutes.

The fire was reported at 8:48 p.m. on the roof of the eight-story building in the 4600 block of Lankershim Boulevard, near the Ventura (134) Freeway, according to Nicholas Prange of the Los Angeles Fire Department.

The fire was caused by “an apparent electrical problem with the illuminated sign,” Prange said.

The fire was extinguished before it extended into the walls, and no injuries were reported, according to Prange.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *