Four people who overdosed on an unknown substance were found unconscious early Friday in a Newport Beach night club, authorities said.
Newport Beach Fire Department paramedics went to the 2400 block of Newport Boulevard in response to calls that four people were in distress, Battalion Chief Jeff Boyles told a videographer at the scene. Some of the patients were in respiratory arrest and given oxygen, he said.
“They took something to suppress their respiratory drive,” Boyles said.
All four were taken to hospitals for treatment.
—City News Service
>> Want to read more stories like this? Get our Free Daily Newsletters Here!Follow us: