International House of Pancakes, LLC was sued Monday by a customer who alleges he suffered food poisoning that required hospitalization after eating pancakes last month at the restaurant chain’s Baldwin Park location.
Robin Trager filed the lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court, alleging negligence, breach of implied warranty and products liability. He’s seeking unspecified damages from the Glendale-based chain.
An IHOP spokesman did not immediately reply to a request for comment.
According the lawsuit, Trager ordered pancakes at the IHOP on Oct. 24.
“Shortly after consuming the subject food product, plaintiff began having terrible stomach pains, nausea and suffered from severe poisoning that required a lengthy hospitalization (and) surgery,” his suit states. “Plaintiff continues to suffer ongoing pain and sickness from consuming the subject food product.”
— City News Service