Fentanyl pills
Bags of fentanyl pills. Courtesy Drug Enforcement Administration

One man died Monday and two others were hospitalized following apparent exposure to a substance thought to have been fentanyl, authorities said.

Paramedics and hazardous-materials teams were sent to the 200 block of West 115th Street about 9 a.m. on a report that two people were exposed to an unknown substance, according to the Los Angeles Fire Department.

A 28-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene, the LAFD reported. Information on his identity was not immediately available.

Two men in their 30s were taken to a hospital, one in serious condition and one in fair condition, the LAFD reported.

“The evidence on scene indicates an overdose resulting in a death which leads to the suspicion of the unknown substance being fentanyl,” an LAFD statement said.

Authorities were testing the product to determine if it was fentanyl, the LAFD reported.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.