A 29-year-old private contractor was electrocuted while working in North Hollywood Friday and rushed to hospital with critical burn injuries, according to the fire department.
Details were still sketchy, but emergency personnel were called shortly after 10 a.m. to the 13000 block of West Vanowen Street, said Margaret Stewart of the Los Angeles Fire Department.
The unidentified man, who is not a city employee, was “rapidly transported” to an area hospital in “at least critical, possibly grave” condition, according to Stewart.
Cal-OSHA, the state agency that investigates workplace accidents, was notified, she said.
>> Want to read more stories like this? Get our Free Daily Newsletters Here!Follow us: