Photo by John Schreiber.
Photo by John Schreiber.

No evidence of foul play has been found so far in the death of a 3-month-old boy in Compton, a coroner’s lieutenant said Sunday.

Deputies responded at 8 a.m. Saturday to the 13000 block of South Harris Avenue to a call of a baby not breathing, said Deputy Grace Medrano of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Headquarters Bureau.

The infant was pronounced dead at the scene and sheriff’s homicide detectives were dispatched to investigate the fatality, she said.

“At this time, the situation is being classified as a death investigation,” Medrano said, adding that “the exact cause of death is unknown” and will be determined by the coroner’s office.

The child’s body has not been examined by coroner’s investigators yet, so there is no indication of foul play, but the cause and manner of death remains undetermined, said Lt. Larry Dietz of the Los Angeles County coroner’s office.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *