A year-old boy believed to have been taken by his father, who then allegedly stabbed his former girlfriend’s boyfriend at her San Pedro home, remained in Tijuana Tuesday.
Jayden Nathaniel Santiago, who had been the subject of an Amber Alert, was located in Tijuana Monday night by the U.S. Marshals Service, along with his father, said Los Angeles Police Officer Drake Madison.
Jayden was to remain in Mexico, pending the completion of paperwork relating to his custody, added LAPD Officer Lilliana Preciado. This related to the fact that Jayden’s 37-year-old father, Giovanny Santiago-Enriquez, had primary custody of the child, Preciado said.
The Amber Alert was posted after Santiago-Enriquez entered his former girlfriend’s home in the 500 block of West 15th Street through an unlocked front door, went into her bedroom and stabbed her new boyfriend several times around 1:30 a.m. Monday, police said. The victim was seriously wounded.
The former girlfriend suffered minor injuries trying to prevent Santiago- Enriquez from stabbing her boyfriend. He then fled, throwing the knife he had used on the boyfriend out of his car, police said.
Santiago-Enriquez next went to his home in Long Beach before fleeing with his son, according to police.
—City News Service

