A fire sparked by an electrical problem at a downtown Los Angeles business Friday resulted in about $3 million in damage, but no one was hurt.
The fire was reported at 8:52 a.m. at an Eva Franco boutique in the 700 block of Spring Street, said David Ortiz of the Los Angeles Fire Department. The flames were extinguished in about 40 minutes, he said.
Damage was estimated at $500,000 to the structure and $2.5 million to the contents, Ortiz said.
The store is part of a Los Angeles-based chain, where all clothing is made. The Eva Franco brand can be found in 800 outlets around the world.
— From staff and wire services
[symple_googlemap title=”Boutique fire” location=”700 Spring Street, Los Angeles, CA” height=”300″ zoom=”15″]