Photo by Ken (Guns & Ammo 2 Uploaded by ShakataGaNai) [CC-BY-2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
Example of weapons, although these were not involved in Islamic Center case. Photo by Ken (Guns & Ammo 2 Uploaded by ShakataGaNai) [CC-BY-2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
A 40-year-old Agoura Hills man is facing charges of making criminal threats against the Islamic Center of Southern California. Los Angeles police announced Tuesday.

Mark Lucian Feigin allegedly called the mosque on Sept. 20 and threatened to kill a staff member, said Cmdr. Horace Frank, of the LAPD’s Counter Terrorism and Special Operations Bureau.

Police serving a search warrant on Feigin’s home found a large cache of weapons — some registered to the defendant — plus thousands of rounds of ammunition and an illegally modified clip, Frank said.

The suspect, who was arrested Wednesday, was charged by the state Attorney General’s Office with a felony count of terrorist threats and a misdemeanor charge of placing annoying telephone calls. He posted $75,000 bail last week and was released, the officer said.

Feigin is due to be arraigned in downtown Los Angeles on Nov. 10.

Frank said Feigin “crossed the line” into illegal activity when he allegedly threatened the Islamic Center staffer.

“We recognize everyone has the right to free speech, but with that right comes enormous responsibility,” Frank told reporters. “When someone starts talking about, `I’ll kill you,’ it becomes a concern to us.”

—City News Service

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *