[symple_googlemap title=”1800 block of Pennsylvania Avenue” location=”1800 block of Pennsylvania Avenue” height=”300″ zoom=”15″]

A 23-year-old man was convicted Thursday of raping a woman after breaking into her Boyle Heights home last year.

Jurors deliberated more than a day before finding Manuel Larios Munoz guilty of a count each of forcible rape, forcible oral copulation, sexual penetration by a foreign object and first-degree burglary with a person present involving the May 15, 2015, attack.

He also was convicted of an assault charge involving a separate woman attacked the month before while sitting in a car across the street from where the other victim lived, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office said.

Munoz broke into the 30-year-old woman’s house shortly after midnight May 15, 2015, and sexually assaulted her, the District Attorney’s office said.

Munoz then got dressed, picked up a machete he brought to the house and left the residence, Deputy District Attorney Lowrie Mendoza said.

He was arrested May 22, 2015, by Los Angeles police and has been behind bars since then.

Munoz faces up to 96 years to life in state prison when he is sentenced Feb. 7 in a downtown Los Angeles courtroom.

–City News Service 

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.