
An officer-involved shooting in the southwest Los Angeles area Thursday left a suspect wounded, police said.
Officers from the Los Angeles Police Department’s Southwest Division received a radio call about 11:30 a.m. regarding a disturbance involving a man with a knife, and upon arriving in the area of Walton Avenue and 40th Place, encountered an individual fitting the suspect’s description, LAPD Sgt. Frank Preciado told reporters at the scene.
[symple_googlemap title=”Shooting Location” location=”40th place and menlo avenue, los angeles, ca” height=”300″ zoom=”15″]
Details on what prompted the shooting of the unidentified suspect were not immediately released.
The man was hospitalized in stable condition, and no officers were injured, Preciado said.
A resident of the area reported hearing about a dozen shots.
Police said they initially received a report from a from a juvenile that his mother had been stabbed, but Preciado said investigators have not been able to confirm that a stabbing occurred prior to the officer-involved shooting that occurred near Manual Arts High School.
The campus was placed on lockdown until about 12:45 p.m. as a precaution while the investigation was conducted in the neighborhood, the Los Angeles Unified School District reported.
–City News Service
