A man was seriously injured Wednesday in an apartment fire in the Valley Glen area that was sparked when bedding caught fire because it was too close to a wall heater, authorities said.
Firefighters sent to the 6200 block of Fulton Avenue about 4:40 a.m. extinguished the flames in the upper floor of the two-story building in 15 minutes, the Los Angeles Fire Department reported.
The man, in his mid-50s, was taken to a hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation and burns to his hands and feet, the LAFD reported.
“The fire’s cause is considered accidental, attributed to insufficient space between the man’s bed and a wall furnace that led to the ignition of bed linens,” an LAFD statement said.
A damage estimate was not immediately available.
–City News Service
>> Want to read more stories like this? Get our Free Daily Newsletters Here!Follow us: