A man suffered smoke inhalation Wednesday in a fire that was sparked by “careless discarding of smoking materials” in an apartment in the east Hollywood area, a fire department spokesman said.
Firefighters sent to the 1600 block of North Alexandria Avenue about 9:50 a.m. extinguished the flames in 12 minutes, and paramedics took the unidentified man to a hospital in fair condition, the Los Angeles Fire Department reported.
“The fire, confined to the apartment’s living room area, was caused by the careless discarding of smoking materials,” said LAFD spokesman Brian Humphrey.
A damage estimate was not immediately available.
–City News Service
>> Want to read more stories like this? Get our Free Daily Newsletters Here!Follow us: