A 39-year-old Irvine man was charged Wednesday with phoning in two bomb threats to the Orange County Sheriff’s Department.

Abdolai Pejman Zanjani was charged with two felony counts of malicious informing of a false bomb.

Zanjani, who was arrested Monday, was being held on $100,000 bail.

He called sheriff’s dispatchers at 11:25 p.m. on July 18 and, during an 11-minute call, allegedly made bomb-related threats against the jails, according to Carrie Braun of the Orange County Sheriff’s Department.

Sheriff’s deputies checked the jails, but found nothing amiss, Braun said.

At about 1 a.m. Saturday, he called dispatchers again to make another bomb threat, Braun said. Deputies obtained a search warrant following the second call, she added.

Zanjani is on probation for misdemeanor assault and battery convictions July 19 of last year. He was sentenced to 62 days in jail, according to court records.

Zanjani also has two current cases of misdemeanor public intoxication, according to court records. He is accused of public drunkenness on March 20 and May 18, according to court records.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.