All lanes of the westbound Artesia (91) Freeway near the Artesia Boulevard exit in Cerritos reopened Saturday morning following a 10-hour investigation into a deadly car-to-car shooting on the freeway.

Lanes re-opened at 2:30 a.m. The shooting was reported at 4:30 p.m. Friday, according to the California Highway Patrol.

CHP Officer Chanelle Gonzalez told Fox11 when officers arrived, they found a man slumped over the wheel of the vehicle.

The victim was taken to a hospital and was subsequently pronounced dead, according to the CHP.

ABC7 reported the victim was a 27-year-old man from Cerritos and he had been shot at least once in the chest.

“We’re just waiting for any witnesses calling in to give us any further information,” Gonzalez said to Fox11.

Anyone who witnessed the shooting was asked to call CHP investigators at (323) 644-9550.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *