A 32-year-old Trabuco Canyon man was scheduled to be arraigned Monday on charges of exposing himself to 10 girls over a 5-month period earlier this year.

Travis Benjamin Kaszynski was charged Monday with 10 counts of child annoyance and 11 counts of indecent exposure, all misdemeanors, and a felony count of kidnapping, according to the Orange County District Attorney’s Office.

He was scheduled to be arraigned Monday in the Harbor Justice Center in Newport Beach.

Kaszynski was arrested Sept. 7 after investigators were able to deduce he was a suspect by checking cell phone tower records in the areas of the reported flashings from February 2018 through July, said Carrie Braun of the Orange County Sheriff’s Department.

“It was an amazing job by our crime analysis unit,” Braun said.

After the rash of reported flashings to girls 9 and 14 in the Trabuco Canyon and Rancho Santa Margarita area, investigators began pulling cell phone records in and around the areas of the reported sightings, Braun said.

They cross-checked the numbers until finding a common one in each of the areas at those times, Braun said.

Meanwhile, on July 1, he allegedly lured a girl from his neighborhood into his garage where he exposed himself, Braun said.

The girl told her parents, who called deputies, Braun said.

Kaszynski could face up to 20 years, six months behind bars if convicted at trial, prosecutors said.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *