Four people exposed Tuesday to a white powdery substance at the Ronald Reagan federal courthouse in Santa Ana were placed on a decontamination protocol before being taken to an area hospital as a precaution.
Orange County firefighters were called about 2 p.m. to the courthouse at 411 W. Fourth St. when the powdery substance was found in the women’s bathroom on the third floor, said Santa Ana police Cpl. Anthony Bertagna.
“We’re not 100 percent positive what it was, but everything came back negative as toxic and dangerous,” Orange County Fire Authority Capt. Tony Bommarito said shortly before 6 p. m.
Firefighters decontaminated the four federal employees at 701 W. Santa Ana Blvd., before taking them to an area hospital for a check-up.
“They never had any symptoms,” Bommarito said.
>> Want to read more stories like this? Get our Free Daily Newsletters Here!Follow us: