A fire possibly sparked by squatters caused an estimated $150,000 worth of damage to a vacant building in Lincoln Park Thursday.
The non-injury blaze in the 300 block of 47th Street erupted shortly after 9:30 a.m., according to the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department.
The boarded-up former daycare center was unoccupied when emergency crews arrived to find smoke emanating from vents in the roof, SDFRD spokeswoman Monica Munoz said.
The personnel had the flames under control within 20 minutes.
Investigators, who suspect that the fire was ignited by transients, set the monetary losses at $100,000 to the single-story building and $50,000 to contents, Munoz said.
>> Want to read more stories like this? Get our Free Daily Newsletters Here!Follow us: