Santa Ana police Wednesday asked for the public’s help finding a suspect accused of sexually assaulting two young girls.
Police have been looking for Roberto De La Paz Rangel, 40, since 2020, and investigators suspect he may be in Mexico, according to Sgt. Maria Lopez of the Santa Ana Police Department.
Police suspect Rangel had been molesting the two girls, ages 7 and 8, for about four years, Lopez said. When one of the girls said she wanted to report the attacks to authorities he allegedly threatened to kill her.
Rangel was also being sought on a warrant for robbery, Lopez said.
Anyone with information about his whereabouts was asked to call detectives at 714-245-8350, or email email@example.com. Orange County Crime Stoppers will accept anonymous tips at 855-TIP-OCCS.