A victim was wounded in Watts Saturday evening by a bullet police believe was not intended for him.

The shooting was reported at 6:42 p.m. at Wilmington Avenue and Century Boulevard, said Los Angeles Police Department Officer Matthew Cruz.

Arriving officers found the victim inside a residence, Cruz said. It was unclear if he was in the home when he was struck.

Paramedics took him to a hospital, where his vital signs were stable, Cruz said.

Firefighters and paramedics had been called to the area for a traffic collision, Cruz said. It was not clear whether the collision and the shooting were related.

One suspect was taken into custody, he said.

A news videographer at the scene said the victim was a 10-year-old boy and that the shooting was related to a collision.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *