A probationer accused of repeatedly sexually assaulting a 7-year-old Moreno Valley girl was charged Friday multiple felony offenses.
Ruben Arguello, 41, was arrested Wednesday following a Riverside County Sheriff’s Department investigation.
Arguello is charged with four counts of oral copulation of a child under 10 years old, two counts of forcible lewd acts on a minor, two counts of sexual penetration of a child and one count of witness intimidation.
The defendant made his initial court appearance Friday before Superior Court Judge Mark Johnson, who appointed him a public defender and scheduled his arraignment for Aug. 4 at the Riverside Hall of Justice.
Arguello is being held without bail at the Robert Presley Jail.
Sheriff’s Sgt. Alfredo Medina said that deputies received information earlier this week regarding the alleged sexual abuse of a child at a residence within the city and initiated an investigation.
“The investigation revealed an assault occurred in Moreno Valley, and additional assaults took place out of the county,” Medina said.
The girl’s identity and the defendant’s specific relationship to her were not disclosed.
The findings culminated in an arrest warrant being obtained and served on Arguello at his house on Avenida De Loring, where he was taken into custody without incident Wednesday afternoon.
According to court records, Arguello has a prior misdemeanor conviction for disturbing the peace.
