A glass bottle exploded Wednesday during a science club experiment at a Glendale middle school, causing minor injuries to six students, police said.
Two of the students were taken to a hospital following the mishap at about 4 p.m. during an after-school science club meeting in the cafeteria at Toll Middle School in the 700 block of Glenwood Road, according to Glendale police spokeswoman Tahnee Lightfoot.
Students from both Toll and adjacent Hoover High School are members of the club, according to Lightfoot, who said five of the injured students were from the high school.
The experiment was authorized and supervised, she said.
–City News Service
>> Want to read more stories like this? Get our Free Daily Newsletters Here!Follow us: