A gas leak at a Jurupa Valley school Thursday prompted campus officials to evacuate a building until the gas was shut off and the facility declared safe.
The leak was reported about 9:30 a.m. at Jurupa Middle School, 8700 Galena St., near Pedley Road, according to the Riverside County Fire Department.
An agency spokeswoman said the natural gas odor permeated two classrooms and a restroom, leading school staff to clear the building as a precaution.
Five engine crews were sent to the campus, where firefighters quickly isolated the source of the emission and secured the area, according to the fire department.
SoCal Gas Co. technicians were summoned to make repairs, and the evacuation order was lifted by 10:30 a.m.
–City News Service
>> Want to read more stories like this? Get our Free Daily Newsletters Here!Follow us: