A former assistant to “Fast & Furious” franchise star Vin Diesel is appealing a judge’s 2025 dismissal of her claims that the actor sexually assaulted her in an Atlanta hotel room in 2010.
The plaintiff’s Los Angeles Superior Court lawsuit names as defendants Diesel, his sister, Samantha Vincent and two Diesel companies — One Race Films Inc. and One Race Productions Inc. Vincent is an officer and supervisor with the firms.
On Feb. 10, attorneys for the woman filed court papers stating that she is appealing the two separate 2025 rulings by Judge Daniel M. Crowley that ended with judgment in favor of the defendants. In one of the rulings, Crowley said some of the allegations were barred by the statute of limitations because the plaintiff did not file a timely administrative complaint before bringing her lawsuit.
An attorney for Diesel previously issued a statement regarding the suit in which he said the actor “categorically denies” all of the claims of the woman, who says she was hired in September 2010 to work as an assistant for Diesel while he was filming “Fast Five” as part of the “Fast & Furious” film series.
According to the lawsuit, the plaintiff was working one night in Atlanta when Diesel, now 58, was entertaining several women in his suite at the St. Regis hotel. The woman said she was present primarily to ensure no photos were being taken of the actor, but also “so the women felt more comfortable.”
The lawsuit claims that when all of the women left, Diesel forcibly grabbed the plaintiff, groped her chest and kissed her. The plaintiff resisted his advances, but he allegedly “ignored” her protestations, the complaint further filed in December 2023 states.
“Vin Diesel then escalated his assault, groped her body, dropped to his knees and pushed (the plaintiff’s) dress up, groped her legs and attempted to pull down (her) underwear,” according to the lawsuit.
The woman screamed and ran toward a bathroom, the suit contends, but Diesel followed her, pinned her against a wall and began masturbating while leaning against her, the lawsuit contends.
The pair eventually left the hotel, but “mere hours later,” the plaintiff received a phone call informing her that she had been fired, a move the suit contends was retaliation for her “courageously resisting Vin Diesel’s sexual assault.”
The lawsuit contends that the plaintiff remained silent for years, “afraid to speak out against one of the world’s highest-grossing actors,” but she came forward following the #metoo movement and legislation extending the statute of limitations on sex assault claims.
