As Vice President Joe Biden concludes a two-day visit to the Los Angeles area, authorities urge motorists to avoid the following areas where traffic was expected to be congested due to security concerns:
- from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., the area around Santa Monica and Wilshire Boulevards;
- from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., the area around North Broadway between 19th Avenue and Daly Street;
- from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., the area around North Spring Street between 18th Avenue and Arcadia Street;
- from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., the the area around Cesar Chavez and Grand avenues; and
- from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., the area around Grand Avenue between Cesar Chavez Avenue and Olympic Boulevard.
— City News Service