A dog was killed in a house fire in Arleta Monday, firefighters said.
Flames were first reported about 3:25 p.m. in the two-story, single-family home in the 14000 block of West Nordhoff Street, near Woodman Avenue, according to Margaret Stewart of the Los Angeles Fire Department.
Thirty-one firefighters battled the blaze, which was out in about 15 minutes.
No people were injured, but five dogs were in the home during the fire, and one died, Stewart said.
Another dog is being taken to a vet for evaluation for smoke inhalation, and the other three dogs were not injured.
The fire was caused by a space heater that was left on accidentally, according to Stewart.
>> Want to read more stories like this? Get our Free Daily Newsletters Here!Follow us: