Photo by John Schreiber.
Photo by John Schreiber.

A fire caused by a build-up of grease in kitchen ducts resulted in about $120,000 in damage Monday to a Dana Point Harbor restaurant, a fire official said.

It took 30 Orange County Fire Authority firefighters 45 minutes to put out a blaze at the Wind & Sea Restaurant at 34699 Golden Lantern St., said OCFA Capt. Steve Concialdi.

The fire was reported at 1:50 a.m.

“OCFA firefighters responded and made an aggressive attack and saved most of the restaurant,” Concialdi said. There were no injuries.

Damage was estimated at $100,000 to the structure and $20,000 to the contents, Concialdi said.

—City News Service

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.