Deep Fryer
Photo via Pixabay

A stubborn fire, triggered by a deep fat fryer, burned inside a wall at a Seal Beach strip mall, and damaged a restaurant and a spa next door, a fire captain said Saturday.

Firefighters were dispatched to the scene of the five-unit strip mall at 12800 Seal Beach Blvd. at 8:35 p.m. Friday and had the fire under control at 9:55 p.m., Concialdi said.

“The most probable cause was a malfunction of the deep fryer, which caused radiant heat that ignited combustible material in the wall, including grease that was built over time in the wall,” said Orange County Fire Authority Capt. Steve Concialdi.

“All owners were on scene, and the building department was called in as well as the health department for the restaurant,” the fire captain said.

—City News Service

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.