Firefighters Saturday knocked down an exterior fire that spread into a home in Santa Ana and temporarily displaced 18 people.
Firefighters dispatched at 9:24 a.m. to 1317 W. McFadden Ave. had the fire out at 9:45 a.m., Orange County Fire Authority Capt. Greg Barta said.
The fire was ignited by an electrical failure of an outside refrigerator on the back patio which then spread to one interior room in the single-story structure.
Eight adults and 10 children were displaced as a result of the fire, the Orange County Fire Authority reported.
“It was multiple families under one roof,” Barta said.
No injuries were reported.
>> Want to read more stories like this? Get our Free Daily Newsletters Here!Follow us: