A fire broke out in the attic of a Riverside home early Saturday morning, displacing six people and two dogs.
The fire was reported at 1:30 a.m. in the 3900 block of Overland Street, according to the Riverside Fire Department.
Firefighters said light, wispy smoke was coming out of the gables of the single-story home when they arrived and after a hole was cut in the roof, they found a smoldering fire inside the attic.
Fire officials said several rafters were burned almost all the way through but that firefighters were able to provide 100% salvage to the belongings inside the home.
The fire was controlled within 25 minutes and no injuries were reported.
The American Red Cross was requested to assist the two adults, four children and two dogs who were displaced.
>> Want to read more stories like this? Get our Free Daily Newsletters Here!Follow us: