An electrical short in a master bedroom light fixture at a two-story home in Riverside ignited a fire Monday that spread from the bedroom to a bathroom, leaving three adults and two cats displaced.

No injuries were reported at the residence in the 6200 block of Academy Avenue, the Riverside Fire Department reported.

Firefighters dispatched to the scene at 2:17 a.m. had the fire under control at 5 a.m., fire officials said.

Firefighters remained at the scene mopping up the fire and providing salvage for about three hours.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.