
Buffalo Wild Wings was sued by two customers who allege that poor security allowed them to be beaten by a pair of other guests during a brawl outside the Downey location in 2015.
Jose Alcantara and James Cerda filed the lawsuit Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court against Buffalo Wild Wings Inc., the Stonewood Center, Allied Barton Security Services LLC, hired by BWW to provide security, and the alleged assailants, Gabriel Fuerte and Josue Garcia.
The allegations include negligence, assault and battery. The plaintiffs seek at least $1 million in damages.
Downey police previously said they went to the BWW in the Stonewood Center on Firestone Boulevard at about 1:20 p.m. Sept. 20, 2015, after a fight broke out. They later released images of two men depicted who were seen kicking another man who was lying on the ground.
Dave Amaro, who provided video of the altercation and a statement to ABC7, said a 49ers fan attacked a Steelers fan as they watched Sunday’s football game, and the fight then spilled outside of the restaurant.
The plaintiffs’ attorney, William Hertz II, could not be reached for comment on if the fight depicted in the video involved either of his clients.
According to the lawsuit, the plaintiffs were present at the restaurant when an argument broke out between guests that threatened their safety. The confrontation moved outside and both plaintiffs were thrown to the ground and beaten by Fuerte and Garcia, the suit states.
No one intervened to help Alcantara and Cerda, the suit states.
BWW management should have known that Allied Barton security guards were inexperienced, unfit and not properly trained, the suit alleges.
–City News Service
