A Corona business was evacuated Wednesday when employees detected the smell of gas, but firefighters were unable to identify the source of the fumes.

The possible leak was reported about 5:15 p.m. in a commercial building in the 2800 block of South Main Street, near Chase Drive, according to the Corona Fire Department.

Several engine crews were sent to investigate and encountered an undisclosed number of people standing outside the business.

After a check of the premises, firefighters could not ascertain from where the gas odor was originating. They ultimately determined there was no threat to public safety, and the building was reopened about 30 minutes later, according to reports from the scene.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.