A mattress refurbishing plant in Paramount was destroyed by fire early Thursday.
The fire in the 7300 block of Madison Street was reported around 12:35 a.m. and took between 50-75 firefighters an hour to knock down, said Los Angeles County Fire Department Supervisor Kyle Sandford.
No injuries were reported, and the cause of the fire was not immediately determined.
The refurbished mattresses, which were the primary fuel of the fire, were still smoldering this morning and requiring continued attention, Sanford said.
—Staff and wire reports