Image of the suspect in the Metro bus slashing case. Image courtesy of L.A. Sheriff’s Department.
Image of the suspect in the Metro bus slashing case. Image courtesy of L.A. Sheriff’s Department.

Authorities Thursday released security images in hopes of tracking down a man who slashed another man across the face several times as they rode a Metro bus last month.

The crime occurred on May 13 about 6:15 a.m. as the Line 210 bus — which carries passengers between Hollywood and Redondo Beach — was about to stop at Crenshaw Boulevard and Rosecrans Avenue, said Ramon Montenegro of the sheriff’s Transit Services Bureau.

The suspect is believed to frequent the area near where the slashing occurred, Montenegro said.

“Detectives believe the suspect had a verbal exchange with the victim as they boarded the bus, and later intentionally cut the victim in the face several times with what witnesses described as a box cutter prior to running off the bus,” Montenegro said.

“The 36-year-old male victim sustained multiple complex lacerations to his face that will most likely require reconstructive surgery, according to doctors who treated him,” Montenegro said.

The suspect was described as black, about 28-34 years old, 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighing 165 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes.

“If you see him, do not approach him; he should be considered dangerous,” Montenegro said.

Anyone with information on the crime was urged to call Detective Thomas Inocente or Detective Paul Valle, (888) 950-SAFE; or Crime Stoppers, (800) 222- TIPS.

— City News Service 

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.