One man in his 20s was killed and another was wounded Sunday in a mid-day gang-related shooting in South Los Angeles, police said.
A man in his 20s approached the victims, who were among a group of people gathered around 12:50 p.m. at the intersection of Hobart Boulevard and Florence Avenue, said Officer Mike Lopez of the Los Angeles Police Department‘s Media Relations Division.
The suspect fired numerous gunshots at the group, striking the two victims, Lopez said.
One victim was pronounced dead at the scene, while the second, who had been shot in the face and chest, was taken to California Hospital Medical Center, where he was in stable condition, Lopez said.
The suspect fled in an awaiting vehicle, possibly a white Kia or Scion hatchback, that was last seen headed south on Hobart Boulevard from the shooting scene, Lopez said.
— City News Service