[symple_googlemap title=”Northridge fire” location=”16900 block of Kinzie Street, Northridge, CA” height=”300″ zoom=”16″]

A family dog died in a kitchen fire at a home in Northridge and its owners were in fair condition after being evaluated for smoke exposure, authorities said Tuesday.

The dog died at the scene of the fire, which broke out around 10:30 p.m. Monday in the 16900 block of Kinzie Street, near Balboa Boulevard, said Brian Humphrey of the Los Angeles Fire Department. Firefighters had the fire out in 16 minutes.

“Two residents were awake and watching television when they noted the fire,” he said. The couple evacuated safely prior to LAFD arrival.”

The cause of the fire at the one-story 1,780-square foot home, which was built in 1961, was under investigation, Humphrey said.

—City News Service

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.